Government provisions on immigration with effective from 16 July 2008
Multipal visa for 15, 30 and 90 days
US$ 25, 40 and 100 respectively.
Earlier provision on 60 day single entry visa for US$ 60 has been waived.
Trekking Permit for Upper Mustang and Upper Dolpa trekking zones:
- 500$ for 10 days trek
- For Humla:
- US$50 per person per day
- Cost for each tourist to go for hike in Manaslu Region:
- US$ 70 and 50
- All previous provisions on Gratis Visas are no longer entertained
- Provisions on extending Gratis Visas once the tourists stay in Nepal for 15 days are also cut off
Provisions on Business Visas
- Investors investing a sum of Rs 100 million and above are provided with Multiple Entry Business Visas along with their dependent free of cost.
- Investors with Rs 10 million and below Business Visas along with their dependants after paying US$ 30 per month, US$ 300 for 1 year and 1000 $ for 5 years .
- More than Rs 10 million investors has to pay US$ 10 for 1 month, 100 $ per year and for 5 years 500 $ along with their dependents.
To extend Tourist Visa before expiring:
- US$ 2 per day.
To extend Tourist Visa after expiring:
- US$ 3 additional in simple visa charge.
Provisions for Student Visas:
- US$ 20 per month for Students intending Educational Degree
- US$ 50 per month for Students intending not any degree.
Following are the Entry Points, where visa will be issued.
Entry/Exit Points in Nepal
The entry and exit points for the purpose of the foreigners entering into and departing from the Kingdom of Nepal are following. The Immigration offices in such points are opened 24 hours. Entering and departing from other places except the point is treated as the voilation of Immigration Act and the Regualtion.
For departure to SAARC (South Asian) countries from Nepal, such as India, Bhutan, Maldives, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan one has to pay NRS. 660/- per person. For departure to other international destination, one has to pay NRS. 1100/- per person.
|1)For departure to SAARC Countries||NRs.1400/- per person.|
|2)For departure to other Internayional Destination||NRs.1700/- per person.|
|1)Flying to Urban Area||NRs.100/- per person.|
|2)Flying to Rural Area||NRs. 165/- per person.|
|If flying by Helicopter||NRs. 165/- per person. Insurance tax|
For detail: http://www.immi.gov.np