Ev-K2-CNR Representative Office (RO), Kathmandu, Nepal
The Representative Office (RO) in Nepal is a branch of Ev-K2-CNR Committee Bergamo, Italy.
The Ev-K2-CNR Committee is an independent non-profit association dedicated to technological and scientific research in the Hindu Kush – Karakorum – Himalaya (HKKH) region, with a particular focus on Nepal, Pakistan and the Tibet Autonomous Region of China
The Ev-K2-CNR Committee is probably best known for the Pyramid International Laboratory-Observatory, the high altitude scientific facility located in Nepal’s Sagarmatha National Park at 5,050 m a.s.l., installed in 1990 in collaboration with the Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST).
The RO was set up with the aim to support the advancement and promotion of the Ev-K2-CNR activities and projects in Nepal.
Mr. Hari Kumar Shrestha is in charge as Ev-K2-CNR Committee Resident Representative (RR).
A few examples of the Kathmandu RO duties:
- develop and maintain institutional relations with Nepali scientific institutions (NAST, Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University, etc);
- provide all necessary logistical, organizational and secretarial support to Ev-K2-CNR staff during meetings and on field missions;
- support in organizing and arranging events, meetings and conferences;
- support the advancement of Ev-K2-CNR objectives and mandates and promote the image of Ev-K2-CNR in Nepal;
- serve as liaison with the national and international partners (NAST, ICIMOD, IUCN etc) organizations acting on behalf of Ev-K2-CNR, in accordance with its instructions and indications;
- provide logistical support and liaise with local service providers, Cho-Oyu Trekking;
- ensure due coordination between Ev-K2-CNR and all Nepali agencies and institutions with whom it has relations, establishing and maintaining contacts and a swift flow of communications between them;
- supervision and coordination of the activities carried out by all employees or collaborators of the Ev-K2-CNR Committee working within the projects carried out in Nepal
- support Ev-K2-CNR staff during meetings and on field missions;
- daily collaboration and support to the Pyramid technical staff.
The RO promote also the Ev-K2-CNR’activities through the website www.nepalmountainnews.com. The portal collects news, reportage and articles regarding travel, tourism, mountaineering and scientific expeditions and all that information related to the high altitude issues.
Since the beginning of its establishment in Kathmandu, the Resident Representative (RR) has successfully ensured the effective and efficient management of the RO.